I left my wallet in El Segundo

I gotta get it, I got got to get it.

elsegundo

Yes, I left my wallet in El Segundo.

Yup, another big day. Finally made good on my six-year-old promise to part ways with my beyond-ratty, ridiculously huge ten-year-old George Costanza wallet by leaving it in a town named El Segundo.

Now I know how Q-Tip felt.

(Now's the time to download "I left my wallet in El Segundo" by A Tribe Called Quest if you're lost...)

This wallet:
costanzawallet

Was left here:
fantasticcafe

On sept 26, 2005.

Will it come back? -- only time will tell. I bet ol' Q-Tip can't say "I left THIS wallet in El Segundo", which is of course my current dream. But I guess he's kinda got all those rap-earned millions, fame, notoriety and that being named after something you stick in your ear thing going for him, so he could probably care less than I could ever imagine.

4 comments:

Stargazer said...

As an avid Tribe Fan I must say that this story put a huge smile on my face and a spring in my step this afternoon. awesomness. Thanks

Joel Garry said...

Just heard you on KROQ. I grew up on the other side of LAX from Smell Segundo. Too bad about your wallet, but did you know Frank Zappa sang about untold destruction there?

Anonymous said...

Haha.. I think I almost just peed my pants. I've often thought about finding the infamous 'El Segundo' and leaving my wallet ther... I guess I'm just lazy. Hope it gets back to you.. or you just got got to get.. another one :)

BabyAly1 said...

Pretty cool, I hope it gets back to you !! Also you are my hero ! I am tryign to get funding for my boyfriend's movie and started a barter site of my own. Started with a white wooden night stand and called it One Night Stand (got some questionable offers guess I should have rethought the name).